Monday, March 12, 2012

New Post & figures


Last August 2011, my wife noticed I'd spent over my budget and I had to put a hold on buying miniatures. At Christmas I got two Celtos figures: the chariot and the bagpiper. So I've slowly worked on painting them. All went well basically. Got a small magnifier also for Christmas and this really helps. However I got a new spay can of clear sealer in matte finish. Different brand, it left the figures more shiny then I'd like.



One of the oversights I feel about the Celtos figures is that there is no bagpiper for the Gaels, the bagpiper that does exist is sculpted for the Dwarf/Vanir group. So I added the piper with the Gaels. I still need to work on the dry brushing, sometimes I'm okay, but other times. . . I'm not very please with the piper's hair.



I've a new daughter-in-law, she hates playing any type of board game, so looks lie my hope of making Celtos a family game is down the gutter as far as including her. Bummer. Been very slow working on this project because I limited budget. So my posts will be sparse for a while.

3 comments:

  1. A very belated, very well done on the paintjob, a nice mix of colours, shame your new daughter-in-law's not keen on boardgames, but you never know, you may win her round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work here and previously posted. Warm Regard, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete